"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010


51910a

I woke up this morning with a little bit of dread as I headed in to see my Dr. Lately it hasn't always had me walking out in the best of moods. Today, while there was some bad news, the good far outweighed the bad and there has been progress. With progress I always seem to find a bit of renewed energy! I got a lot done today! From bunnies being organized, my EQ2 work caught up on (mostly lol) and the best part? Sands is at work in an extremely good mood. Hey, I get this unnatural high from making someone I love happy, what can I say? So I slipped into SL and found this amazing dress by LeeZu, along with a couple other pieces there that I need to take pictures in because they are oh so amazing. I was extremely excited to not have as many issues with the prims on this top as I usually do. This is big for me, my shape is apparently freakish enough that the scuplt prim hates my av, so I fell in love with the dress even more. It was spared from the 'Mod your shape so you can wear this' folder. Now, normally, I absolutely hate the ankle boot. Hate it. It has issues, it cant figure out if its a boot, a pump, a cross breed? It makes me wince, I cant wear them in RL and own very very few in SL, but...le sigh...it just seemed to be the best shoe for the outfit, by Juicy. Look at it. Mocking me. Shut up shoe, I can delete you!

51910b

Fashion aside, I loved that I once again have my own locations to take pictures. Those shown today are at the, now complete, location that Sands and I are now calling home. The building is amazing, and I will do pictures of that build here soon, and its definitely a place I could see us entertaining in. What good is a home if you don't have people over? I had to laugh, when he logged in to see the final work that I had done, when he said 'Tell me you don't want one of those security orbs that I won't be able to get in with.' Seriously? What kind of crazy person has a home, or any other location, that their partner cant get into? Eep, never mind, I don't want to know, its too sad to even imagine. I'm not only am thrilled to share the space with him, I expect him to enjoy it just as much as I will! I can't wait to finish sharing the little corners and decor here, its all perfect. Just like the picture below. The table and chairs are fantastic, and from MudHoney. The food, flowers, and credenza in the back left are all from Plush Pod, while the tray back there was a Christmas gift from NotSoBad last year. A mixture from most of my favorite furniture designers and I love how it looks. Anyone coming over for dinner?

51910c

On to a bit more rambling, nothing at all to do with the furniture or fashion of SL, just my fingers letting lose on the keys. Things have been so good the last few days, still, and are a major part of why I am feeling a lot better and able to just maintain more than I had in the past. There is often RL stress, but it always works out, in the end. Sands and I are really enjoying the progression of our EQ2 guild, becoming bigger and better every week. I've been so proud of him, and how he has handled things and people lately, he really has impressed me more than I ever thought possible. Past that? He is also still supporting me through some of the toughest times in my life. Right now I can promise you he will be sitting at work, reading this, and smiling at his phone, his employees probably thinking he is still out of his mind for it, but thankful for the amazing mood he is in today. We've got it all going for us right now babe, and I'm still here fighting even harder because of you.

Have an amazing hump day everyone. The week is half over and its going to be an awesome weekend when it gets here. I know I am looking forward to it, lets see what kind of adventures we can lose ourselves into!

Dina's Duds:
Clothing: LeeZu!
Shoes: Juicy
Skin: Belleza
Hair: Truth
Table and Chairs: MudHoney
Food, flowers and back Credenza: Plush Pod
Tray: NotSoBad

Labels: , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.