"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Monday, January 18, 2010


This year has been insanely busy so far, and amazingly fabulous as well. The holidays are always extremely active, but since the New Year started I have been running around on overdrive for weeks! First just a lil bit of information about the graph information I am cursing you with today. While most people only play SL, there are some of us that are intense gamers and play other MMOs that include fighting, leveling, crafting and for some, PvPing (player vs player). I've touched on it just a bit in the past but when someone came to me out of the blue and asked if I was a bad PvPer I was a little bit surprised. No one in SL really plays EQ2 with me, save for Sands of course, so I had to ask why they were mentioning it at all. When I found out why I had to laugh, some poor uninformed ignorant soul thought the best way to attack me was at my PvPing abilities. Even better, it was obviously a blatant story made up for attention! Sands and I had a good chuckle and moved on. Then, last night we had yet another fantastic PvP fight with our guild and I just had to share!

pvp tank parsepvp damage parse

For the sake of the feeds I kept these graphs small, but simply click on them to see them larger and get a better understand of what the heck I am talking about. What we are looking at here are damage taken, and damage dealt, parses. Basically in a large battle you are going to have people that take the most damage (that would be Sands in this case (Zhouyu)) and those that put out the most damage...and that would be me. We had a pretty even fight, 19v19 though they did have a few people outside of their raid helping. Well, helping isn't exactly the word I would use for it since they lost! Oh yea, I love PvP in this form, a couple of large raids worth of people is far more organized than random tossed together fighting. These graphs basically show that we were both doing our jobs, and darn well. He took the most damage as the tank because he was doing his job of taunting and keeping people hitting him instead of the rest of the raid while in that graph I am pretty far down on the damage taken list because I was de-taunting and keeping people away from me with some of my spells. The damage dealt, well, that's pretty self explanatory. I hit hard, I hit often, I kill lots. Ahhh SL needs PvP.

Amazing

Ok, back to Second Life. I've been working pretty hard with Kerra and Sands on our new blog lately, getting the template done and the rest up and running. Having had strep throat this last few days I do admit to slacking on blogging period. Going to see if I can toss up a few posts today to make up for it and just post date them. Shhh, I have a cold, be nice to me!! Oh the best part to the new year yet? On the 3rd Sands decided that we more than proved to the SLworld that we aren't just a quicky fling and that being partnered was long over due. Some people partner at the drop of a hat, they partner often, and they unpartner just as fast. We both had talked about what it meant to us when we first got together and waiting just seemed to be the best idea. Neither of us wanted people to glance at it and say oh yea, well, it wont last. We have proven without a doubt that it has, and will continue to last for the long haul. I do love opening up my profile and seeing that name there, poor guy is kind of stuck with me now though huh. You can send your sympathies to ....

Thats as much of an updated blog post I can do for now. I'm fighting with just 4 hours sleep and looking forward to a nap! More soon though, the strep throat is finally starting to get better and I feel semi human again. Yay for me, aww for you. Again, send sympathies to .... oh shoosh, no one is forcing you to read. Well, except you, yea you have to read...and you over there, no behind...yea you. Other than that the rest of you don't have to. Ok you do...have an awesome day SLers!!! Its been a great year so far and wishing you all the best for the rest!!

Dina's Duds: Hey, I am wearing clothing in that picture!
Hair: Truth
Skin: Belleza
Jeans: Decoy
Top: Bublee Bing

Labels: , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.