"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Saturday, December 5, 2009

Yesterday I woke to the most beautiful blanket of white fluff across our world outside. Not enough yet that I have to look forward to shoveling, but enough that the entire land outside is unblemished with the promise of a freezing winter. This is one of the few reasons I am thankful for having left Southern California. Complain about snow all you want, I think it is amazing and I love winter. I actually got this look together yesterday but ended up so busy I logged out in it, failing to do any images or blog post as intended. The entire look started off with the sweater, and can you blame me?

12-06-09

I am confident it is going to end up on the feeds and blogged by a few people, and normally I tend to shy away from things that may end up flooding said feeds but I had to have this one. The sweater is by AOHARU and comes in 8 colors. I was tempted by the pink or even the red or green for the holidays but I figured the blue would be perfect for me this season. Doesn't mean I wont go pick up another one. but for now this will do. I stood around in just the sweater for a while but decided that wasn't exactly the warm wintery look I was going for! Tossed on jeans from Decoy, one of the many fabulous tanks I've gotten from Miel and my favorite boots from Pixel Mode and was better armed against the cold of my new home.

12-06-09

These pieces from MB Creationz are absolutely my favorite holiday decorations so far this year. I created a mini skating rink and set them out for visitors and friends to enjoy. I love the amazing detail, the crisp colors and textures and the sit animations are as fun as the holidays are going to be this year! I didn't get a chance to pick them up yet but I will be heading back for their gift boxes to slip under the amazing tree they have (you will see more of that tree in upcoming entries, no worries) for my friends to open. I don't have a chance to decorate as much in RL this year since we wont be here most of the holiday season, so this gave me the perfect setting to let out my passion for Christmas.

12-06-09

A couple of weeks ago I sat and chatted with Sands about the holidays. We each have had some pretty bad seasons the last couple of years and promises, with firm devotion, that this year was going to be vastly different. So far, its been amazing. Getting quality time with him each evening, and well into the morning, has already proven to make my holidays much brighter and I am very thankful for it all. I have had to make some tough choices in regards to SL in the last few days, but I think in the end those that I settled on with his help, as well as a couple of friends, is going to make SL the fun place it needs to be when I have time to log in. When SL becomes more work and stress than just fun it means you need to take a step back and do some adjusting. No, you weirdos, this doesn't mean there was drama, people can be stressed without it involving drama. Can you belive it? With how much people assume I was all drama for a bit there (because heaven forbid I have a bit of it once) isn't it just simply amazing how those same people are continually involved in drama while I am nowhere in sight? I must be causing it from a distance, yep, that must be it, shame on me. This must mean I am going to get coal in my stocking this year from Santa! Oh noes!

Sigh. In all seriousness, it is really disappointing to see so many people that are causing others problems come through and leave traces of pain and confusion in their wake. I see it from a safe distance in plurk, in SL, on the feeds, and then am disappointed in even myself for staying out of things I wish I could just speak up about. Others openly speak up, are encouraged and applauded for doing so, even when they are actually just causing more issues in their vocal outbursts. They are tearing others down and being rewarded for it, and its causing that great divide among friends through plurk and SL again. It was calm for a week or two, wasn't it? I suppose that good hearted nature so many were trying to foster, posts that were uplifting and positive towards people couldn't possibly last long in this community. So, why is that? In a time when people are supposed to be happy, spreading joy and all that sappy stuff, why are some of the very same people that asked 'why do we have to tear each other down' doing just that? Is it acceptable to tear certain people down? Ok to rip them apart when others are? These people arent even people I know really, on either side, but where did the 'tis the season' part of the holidays go for everyone else?

I know where it is for me, and I hope you do. I have had a fantastic weekend and wish it for everyone else too! Sands has the day off and we are just starting to play, make plans for the evening and such. I haven't really said it in my blog lately, but goodness sakes alive I love this man to pieces. You know what I wish for people today? Take a chance on someone new this season. That's right, step out of your box, out of your safe place, don't worry about what other people may think or say and just reach out to someone without pre-judgments based on what you may have 'heard'. Everyone has altercations with someone at some point, but there are indeed always three sides to a story. It might backfire, sure, but you might be surprised. I may have to hunt out someone new to do this with as well. Over the last few months I have met a handful of people that I might have judged by what other people said or thought of them and I am extremely thankful that I did not! Try it. Go on. You are braver than that, right? Right!

Dina's Duds
Sweater: AOHARA
Tank: Miel
Pants: Decoy
Boots: Pixel Mode
Pose: So Many Styles
Hair: Truth
Skin: Belleza
Glasses: Persenickety
Furniture: MB Creationz

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.