"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Saturday, November 28, 2009


My perfectly well planned out blog post for Thanksgiving simply never happened, as you can see. Instead I went off and spent time with the people that I most likely would have blogged about, and had a fabulous holiday in the process! I've been attempting to keep up with the feeds and blogs lately. Some made me smile, some made me laugh, some made me feel a bit of pity for the person posting, it happens. I mean, being thankful for the things in your life is amazing, and I love to read it, but when you have to lace it with drama to poke at someone it kinda takes away from the entire 'I am so happy and am thankful for...' feeling you seemed to be aiming for in the first place, doesn't it? When did being happy have to include slams against other people? It seems really sad to me, sad is no good. There is so much more that could replace that emotion....like friends! Friends like these! These crazy people, that kept me so busy I couldn't even blog my I'm thankful for such n such rambling! Hey! Who just said 'thank goodness?' *squints at you all*

Total Betty!

Kerra is seriously at fault for my inventory count being insane at the moment, I put the blame on her without hesitation! She dragged us over to Total Betty a couple of days ago and I literally bought half the store. The prices are amazing and the outfits are so fun and done well I was stunned at the prices. All of the clothing we three are wearing is from Total Betty. Outfits range from character T's and shorts, micro minis, dresses, separates, so much to browse through and pick up you wont want to pass up a single piece! I had to force myself not to get everything in every color, and it wasn't easy. We spent the day as 'Total Bettys' even though, I do believe they thought I was too dressed up. I just, I like purple! I promise to wear my character T next time too guys, honest!

Total Betty!

This morning I woke up a wee bit down, having my cell be dead thus causing me to miss my morning few minutes of talking to Sands was a disappointment. I can't explain it, but even just a small conversation with him in the morning makes us that much closer, and its hard being so far apart sometimes. Sometimes? A lot of the time. Anyone that is in a relationship within SL and online knows how hard it can be, and how much SL actually can help with that. There are times I am jealous of 'Dina' and 'Sands' because they can touch. All I have to say is I am so glad there is such a thing as Skype now! Our phone bills are high enough, with how much we talk on Skype I cannot imagine having to pay for that through phone calls.

Total Betty!

The day is much better though, he is on msn chatting with me from work (slacker!!), and I just got an IM from a very very old and dear friend who is returning to SL. Yep, another great night ahead, just like last night! Sands got home extremely late from work last night and found me frustrated with some things going on RL and SL and I cannot even express how amazing it was to have him pull me in and literally make me vent on him. I don't vent on people, I hate doing it, and he knows that, but he also knows that letting me vent is going to get it out of my system and my mood instantly improves again. Sometimes its hard having someone know you so well, I cant even stay in a bad mood long between him and Kerra pulling this stuff out of me. Its nice. I don't have to fake always being perfectly bubbly and happy, I can let my emotions be and they take me for what I am. SL, RL, flaws and all. Oh lookie there, something I can say I am eternally thankful for. Shame, you didnt get to skip out on a post of that like you thought huh! Have a good weekend people, you deserve it.

Dina's Duds:

Clothing: Total Betty
Kickin boots: R2
All Hairs: Truth
Skin: Belleza
Kerra & Aurora are Total Betty's too!
Their skins: LAQ
Kerra's Boots: Um...hey Kerra, where are your boots from?

Labels: , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.