"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009


Bloggage two days in a row? Been a while since I managed to do that! I was lucky enough to find myself playing with a bushel full of poses from Glitterati today and decided to get off my lazy bum and blog again. I love the poses that have been released recently by the designer of Glitterati. Always on the hunt for amazing poses to use in my photography, these certainly hover at the top of my list. Full of character and movement, worth a moment of your time to wander on down to their new build and check them out!I can promise you will see even more of them (yesterday as well!) in future blog entries here on GI.

11-24-09

After yesterdays fancy smancy posting, I went super comfortable and casual today. The top is a fantastic separate from Apple May, and the pants are actually from the same post as yesterday, by Pixeldolls. A bit of the detail, I admit, was lost in editing, and has prompted me to start including more raw pictures in each blog entry from now on. Dark pants always end up looking solid with my modifications, while all the other pieces hold their true colors and detail losing them in the pants is seriously disappointing. I am still learning though! The scarf is one I have had forever from Maitreya and the shoes are fabulous flats from 50 Flats. Hair is one of my favorites from Fri.Day and the skin is still Belleza.

11-24-09

It's been an extremely quiet morning and afternoon here, SL is nice and calm, little people are asleep currently in RL, friends are preparing for the holidays. Poor Sands being forced to work even harder as the shopping season goes insane and he works his butt off to keep all of the stores under him running properly. Even with the calm, I have a massive amount of things to do that all keep getting pushed back, for later. Yet...I blogged! One more thing off the list for today! Tonight is a bit of shopping with friends in SL and raiding/questing and such with Sands in EQ2, all of which I am so looking forward to. We are going to be doing a strat that Sands has been working on with our guild for about a week now, and they are learning! We did it with our last guild, we can so do it with this one. I see a lot of progress and promise as the members learn how to work together, and the amount of pure, what is the word I am looking for her, dedication? The dedication they have shown to learning and progressing since we joined the guild and started helping has been amazing! I know, it sounds so silly, but I find the simpliest pleasure in people sometimes. Just another thing I can add to my list of things to be thankful for this season. List to be blogged tomorrow!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. For those getting closer to Thanksgiving this week I hope you have so much to be thankful for and look forward to time with friends and family! I love this time of the year, love love love it, always have. There is so much to do, its a bit of chaos, but it brings people closer, mends old wounds, rights old wrongs. Too bad it wont last past New Years...maybe it will this year.

Dina's Duds:
Top: Apple May
Pants: Pixeldolls
Shoes: 50 Flats
Scarf: Maitreya
Hair: Fri.Day
Skin: Belleza
Poses: Gliteratti

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.