"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Monday, September 28, 2009


9-28-09

Rainy Monday mornings in which I am missing Sands like a crazy person leads to only one thing. Another shopping trip. Now, look, this isn't my fault. This is completely his fault for leaving me home alone today, I swear. It is also his fault because he is going to be gone for a few days starting on Wednesday and I am all mopey and down because, seriously, I am going to miss him. I know, what a sap, what a dork, what a...hopelessly in love nitwit I am! Stop judging me dang it, I've grown just a wee bit fond of the man and for some insane reason he puts up with me. He puts up with the shopping, the pictures, the hours of sitting on skype every single minute we are online together (hey, I'm not forcing him, I swear) and even my redecorating and moving kicks on SL. Which reminds me, I do believe we did a rather uh, well, nude picture the last time he logged in. I have since moved our entire home (again) and there is going to be some poor surprised soul on our old land when he logs in next. I shouldn't laugh....but I will. If I am being completely honest, I am looking forward to it. I'm in such trouble for that one, but it will be worth it!

Back to the shopping and blaming Sands for everything, I got side tracked there a moment. I got to wake him up and get a few minutes of his time this morning before he got ready for work, trust me it helps. Its silly but just a small dose of his voice improves my mood, though it reminded me just how much the end of this week is going to stink! Luckily by then I will have more lindens to help support me through such trying times. *places the back of her hand dramatically against her forehead* Woe! I jest, of course, but will have much more time to blog, rambling on and on in plurk and over all pester people. Maybe it won't be such a horrid weekend after all! Save for that going nuts without him part. Oh its pitiful, just wait though, next week will be a bunch of 'Yay he is home' posts. I warned you, you may run now, I understand!

As I stood in our home this morning plotting a few things I was also flipping through group notices as they came in and I saw this top from Malt. I do believe I TP'd out before even thinking twice about it. This beautiful, frilly, fluffy blouse comes in a variety of lovely colors and when I can I will be sneaking back for another later this week. I couldn't resist it and really didn't attempt to, I just walked right in and snagged it. So, I have a new resolve. You ready for this? Instead of no shopping, how about shopping only for a piece or two and always making sure to include something old that I already have? Totally new concept!! (Are we noting my sarcasm yet, or the I should have been doing this all along instead of getting something new every darn time tone? No? Blog fail!)

This time I paired the blouse with a great pair of pants from Persona, Shiny Things shoes (I need to shop for more shoes, I have a shoe thang in SL but not RL, go figure) and one of my new favorite hairs from fri.day. I thought it might not be bad to show off the new furniture I got last week by Belle...or is that Belle Belle, I'm not in game to peek but the slurl in the credits works. If you ever wonder if the ads on some blogs work, yes they do! That is how I found them and I adore this furniture. If I had more prims available I would have the entire set in my skybox. Poses are by Storin, looking forward to their next release of more too.

When I sit and really think about it, and I do often, I am actually really surprised at how well things are going, and for how long they have been going this well. Life always has ups and downs, but lately? Its so many ups that I absolutely refuse to believe there is a down up ahead. RL is squeeking by, and working out really well. SL is still my escape, and my relationship with Sands just keeps getting stronger. In a world where SLationships (or is that SLelationships, or SLtionships or...look, you get the idea) don't often last for very long, I am literally amazed that we are fast approaching 6....months. Seriously, how many people thought it wouldn't last this long? Imagine your surprise when we make it a year? I wonder how many shopping trips I will be able to blame him for in the next 6 months.... its a good thing he loves me!

9-28-09

Have a great Monday SLers, hopefully filled with all the love and happiness you each deserve, and see you all tomorrow!


Dina's Duds
Top: Malt
Pants: Persona
Shoes: Shiny Things
Hair: fri.day
Skin: Belleza
Pose: .:StoRin:.
Furniture: Belle

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.