"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009


12-29-09

Its been a busy, but decent, couple of weeks since my last blog post. I have tomorrows blog post all figured out in my mind, though that is certainly subject to change, and its most assuredly going to be a long one being the last post of 2009. Today isn't going to be as much torture for you, honest. I was browsing the feeds, which I don't do nearly as much as I used to, when I crossed by someone wearing an amazing skirt. This of course lead to a shopping trip, as if my inventory could handle it, but I couldn't very well resist and, goodness am I glad I didn't.



This dress practically screamed at me from across the room as I loaded, I made it wait while I picked up a few pieces on the way to the back of the Bublee Bing store. As promise I included the first picture, a very unprocessed image almost directly from SL so you can get the real look of the dress without my usual modifications. There is a strip of ribbon on the bottom of the skirt that doesn't show because, for some reason, it was hiding in the floor but you can see the absolute beauty of this dress well enough. I picked up a few other pieces and happily filled up a folder of this designers work, very much looking forward to their future releases!



Since I was forced to be away for the holidays, I've been enjoying handing out gifts to my friends and loved ones in SL a bit after the fact. I got in with Sands last night (who simply doesn't join me in SL enough these days, determined to change that) and watched as he opened the handful of things I found for him. It wasn't much but I put a lot of thought into the things I got people this year, him especially since its so darn difficult to shop for men. I am hoping to log in with him again soon and include a bit of a review of his gifts because I thought they looked amazing on him! Overall it was a great night and boy did I need it. The end of the year always brings a bit of a roller coaster ride here as I try to sum up what I did or didn't get done that I wanted to, and look over the things and people that have come and gone from my life. Don't let me start rambling about that now though, saving all of that for tomorrow.

Have a great hump day all! Its absolutely freezing here so I am off to find something warm to wrap my icey lil fingers around for a little bit. Whoa, I'm thinking hot chocolate or something, where is your mind!

Dina's Duds:
Dress: Bublee Bing
Skin: Belleza
Hair: ::69::

Labels: , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.