"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Saturday, August 22, 2009


Contemplation

I had a very different entry thought out for this morning, but as I don't seem to have a lot of time before I may be gone for a while I have to cut it a bit shorter than I had planned. Hopefully I will be home and more informed by this evening, but just in case? I also planned a very different outfit, and picture, but I will have to do those when I get back. Again, hopefully that means tomorrow! A handful of people know of the RL situation I am dealing with, and this morning should bring a bit more progress in that issue being handled. Today though, I know I don't say thank you to people enough, I really should work on that...so here is my start.

Some of my most important thank you's go directly out to two of the most amazing friends I could ever even wish for. Kerra and Fae have been there by my side over the years in ways I cannot even begin to describe, offered support when I least expected it and showed me in no uncertain terms what true friends are really all about. Through tears, laughter, and everything in between you two mean more to me than you might realize. I am lucky enough to live close to Kerra now (after 7 years of being friends online) and I get to pester Fae on a daily basis, when we each have time through our hectic lives. They have each taught me so much about myself, and help me grow along the way, a simple thank you seems to be so little. "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own." -Benjamin Disraeli

Obviously, a far greater thank you needs to be said to Sands, and I don't think I say it enough. Yesterday I said a bit of a goodbye to the past and the anguish people have been attempting to force us to hold on to. There was so much I wanted to say, but I figured I had plenty of time to do so, right? This morning I remembered you cant just sit back and wait for the 'time' you think you have ahead of you. Since this is my SL blog, my comments and thoughts are all related to people there in, leave your assumptions at the door, the thank you's here are well deserved.

Contemplation

Since there are so many people out there that tend to judge people based on their interactions with others, I suppose you should judge him and us by this. The last few months have been simply amazing. We have had a couple of ups and downs, yet in the end we realize the downs aren't because of us, but the things that used to surround us and try to bring us down. I was startled the day he told me that 'Even at our worst, this is the best thing that has ever happened to me.' Our worst? What worst?

"Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me." He brings out so much in me that I thought was gone a long time ago, and I will forever be thankful for it. He offers unconditional love, support, compassion and passion, so much so I wish I could get the world to see him the way I do. To understand the man that I have found myself head over heels and crazy in love with. Every day I get to start with his voice in my ears, telling me good morning and how much he loves me. Every night I get to talk to him until he literally passes out, then struggle to hang up the phone just to sleep. We both have very busy RL's, but find ways to keep in touch, the fast messages and break time phone calls. Which would be far less if it wasn't for him doing all of the calling to pay for the long sessions of me rambling like a goof!

I could go on for days, seriously, about the way we laugh (and oh how I love to hear him laugh) and when I can hear that he is smiling (which he is still surprised by, hey, I just *know* you love). Its never ending, or at least we both hope it is. In the end, I want simply to give him back everything that was taken from him over the last few years, more than I dare to list. I also want to give him things he never thought he could even dare to ask for, be and fulfill his every fantasy, comfort him instead of pushing him over the edge, and show him what real love is. He deserves it, I deserve it, and to sum up an overly long post.... You have my love and devotion for as many years as you care to put up with me. Sorry, yer kinda stuck with me.... thank you for being thrilled with the notion!

I know, longer than I intended, and yet I still didn't say everything I wanted to. Just take some time today, look around and think about why you treat people the way you do, why you judge or have the opinions you have of them and then remember...you could be absolutely completely wrong. I am thankful I took a chance and opened myself up to what has been given to me, so I ask that people stop expecting me to get hurt. Stop waiting for some insane drama that just isn't going to happen. I am not a victim, I am someone right where I belong, with the man I was created to love. Right now, at this point in my life, I am happy. I am happy with Sands, I adore him and look forward to my escape with him every day. I have so many things left that I want to say or do, there just isn't enough time anymore. Never take your time for granted, and always tell those around you that you love them and whisper a simple, from the heart.....thank you.

*whispering* I love you Sands, now and always, thank you for bringing this to my life and for being...amazing.

Dina's Duds
Dress: Evies Closet
Wings: Material Squirrel
Hair: Truth
Skin: Redgrave
Poses: LAP

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.