"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Thursday, July 16, 2009


Untitled

Many of us have heard someone utter the words, 'It's only a game...' Some might believe that, but then there are others that take virtual worlds a bit deeper. I don't only play Second Life, I also play EverQuest II with Sands and have met some of the most amazing people there. It may be a game that we play, but the people we meet and the friendships we form are very much real to me, as they are to countless others.

I sat on the phone with Sands tonight, during his dinner break, rambling per usual while he ate. I got an incoming call right as we were hanging up to find one of our friends from EQII on the phone, near tears. She had been trying to get ahold of me to make sure she could talk to me before I logged into game. The minute someone says that, you worry. With good reason, this time, as she explains quietly that one of our dear friends and guild leaders passed away a couple of weeks ago. There is much more to this story, but I don't feel this is the place to draw it out, but needless to say it got me to thinking about these 'games' and the people that play them.

After talking for about 30 minutes I told her I needed to go and call Sands so he could find out from me before logging in, and within 30 seconds, he was calling me again, out of the blue. Just a game? No, we form connections with people, online or off, and I am always amazed by them. The people I have met within both games, and that I let myself get close to and love, are just as important as face to face friends. You are able to open yourself up in ways you might not in F2F (that's face to face, RL and SL mingle too much for it not to be real). You can form even deeper bonds because you have so much more time talking, and letting yourself be you. Not everyone agrees, and that's ok, I am just sharing my opinion and view on the entire matter.

It made me realize there are a lot of people I would be devastated to lose. Those that I haven't come to and told them exactly how I feel about them, or how much I appreciate them. Luckily I have the chance to do so now, even though I never will with this other friend again. Its going to be a tough night, he will be missed so much... sending much love and hugs to those closest to me, and each of those affected by his passing. I don't need to name you, you know who you are and after tonight you know you mean the world to me. I wish you all a beautiful evening surrounded with those you care for. Make sure they know it....

Dina's Duds
Dress: Pixeldolls
Jewelry: Cursed Jewelry
Pose: LAP
Skin: Redgrave
Hair: Magika

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.