"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Saturday, April 25, 2009

4252009b

Since I am rather sure that 99% of the people that look at the feeds or check blogs for Second Life never read a single word that is posted alongside the photos, I always debate just how much 'text' is required per blog post. Lately I have had a lot I want to say. About Second Life, fashion there in, and the people that are consistently obsessed with the feeds and the going on's of other residents. Would there even be a point? Is anyone really listening to anyone else? Then I realized, its my blog. Why do I censor what I write in my own blog? Why do I sit and hold concern for what other people are going to say, think, or do because of me expressing my own thoughts and opinions about this virtual world? Another realization, right now? I don't. My SL and life period has changed in so many ways the last few weeks that I have a new outlook on the way I behave, and the way I let others behavior affect me. If you detect a change in direction with my blog, that would be why.

4252009a

I don't often find myself alone in SL anymore. Rylan was keeping me company yesterday when I snapped these photos, though she was just out of snapshot range when I took them. I honestly have no clue who the person is on the piano in the distance, but I think that's how most of us spend our time in SL. Just a short distance away from someone we may or may not ever meet, who may or may not change our SLives for ever. At any single moment of your time in SL, you could be walking into a room, or standing near someone who could ultimately bring out the worst, or the very best in you. Someone who may have noticed you for some time, or a stranger that will in a short time mean the world to you. What experiences and passions do so many miss, by not paying attention to what others are saying, doing, and feeling? I don't even expect answers, as again, 99% of the people that even come across this entry won't read a single...tiny...word.

Whispering

After a bit of a break from being snapshot happy, I have begun capturing some of my most treasured moments in Second Life again, and of those around me. The above shot is one of my closest friends within Second Life and her new love. They didn't realize I was sneaking pictures, and to me this was just perfect. Stolen whispers, hidden away from the world, finding each other even though the odds were against it. These are the rare moments when you get to lose yourself in someone else, and find they are lost within you as well. I swore to myself I would never find that in Second Life, not after past pain, and walled myself away.

Hunger for Me

Luckily, he didn't know that, came in, blew away my defenses and has become my everything. The world has changed. While it seemed against him, he found me, pulled me in, consumed me, and let my heart mend his. He let me see myself through his eyes, and saw himself in mine. Even though the words are weak compared to what we have, I love you Sands, I don't care what the world says anymore. We balance each other in ways that most people will never understand. Even if they are looking at me thinking I've gone crazy, or try to pull me away or fill me with doubt, I only see you.

His comfort

So, even though I know again that most people won't read a single word I have typed, its here. The blog will have a new look in the next couple of weeks and contain more random fashion posts, mingled in with all of the normal rambling and such. Time for a little bit of an adventure, come along or get lost behind, its my turn.

Credit where credit is due:
Top Two Images, Dina's Duds:
Cover Up: eLDee Tank: Elate
Jeans: Decoy Boots: Kitties Lair
Skin: Redgrave Hair: Zero Style
Location: Unintended Water Poses: SEmotion

3rd Image:
Pose by: Meya

4th Image:
Pose by: Meya On Her: Jacket: Truth
Jeans: Drawmachine Boots: Kitties Lair
Skin: Redgrave Hair: Zero Style

On Him: Necklace: Devilfish Mall Gloves: Drawmachine
Belt: Muism Sunglasses FNKY Slacks: Armidi Gisaci
Boots: JCS Jacket: Muism

5th Image:
Location: Waffle Island
Pose: Custom iNKZ
On her: Last Call (Retired)
On him: her!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.