"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Sunday, September 13, 2009

If you are a part of any social network for SL, outside of SL, you see a large amount of people participating from the fashion or blogging community. This is a great way for them to get their merchandise seen, or meet even more people that would be so inclined to come to their stores and do a bit of linden indulging, and all for free. You also see a handful of people that use the networking sites to be extremely verbal about their thoughts and opinions. Sometimes these comments spark fabulous debates, other times great arguments. Over all, though, I think it leaves a greater gathering of people wishing they could voice their own opinions, but because they make their living on SL, are afraid to do so. This is the power that some of the bloggers have obtained, and I am not talking about the awesome fashion posts, more so the gossip blogs that no one really wants to be featured on. Designers, big and small, are opt to be silent about topics because they would like to avoid being a headline in any negative form, and that is rather understandable. Even to me, someone who gets nothing out of SL other than it being a form of entertainment and a venue to meet people and do extra socializing.

I suppose, somewhere along the line, I not only realize that 'Grand Illusion' and my header line might lead me down a path of being more vocal about controversial topics withing Second Life, but I intended it to be that way. Instead, for a period of time, I became one that was afraid to speak up simply because I didn't mind being in the shadows and doing my own little thing. I suppose I have been shifting gears back to my original intent for a while now, singling out things that were more of a concern to my SL, RL, online life. I've sat by and bit my tongue about a lot of other topics that could use a lot more exposure, if only to get people involved that might otherwise be afraid to say anything. You can label it any way you like, honestly, but this is my sounding board, why not use it as such? Some people make the choice to go anon and start raising their voice about topics, I could also do that. However, why not just be me. The same person I have always been, with just as strong opinions, and put them out there instead of holding them in to the point of frustration.

The LOTD posts will most likely just be introductions to other topics, but they will remain the primary focus of the blog really. What brought this on you ask? Oh, you didn't ask? Well, I'm telling you anyway! After the last few months, and the things I have sat through, I figured if my true friends can see me for me and stay by my side through all of that, what else do I need to hide for? Why not come out and be as vocal as I would be about topics in RL? Why not open my mouth and share the thoughts in my head without being passive aggressive? Why not!

More changes are coming my way, so many things in the works, collaborations, projects, the list goes on and on. So, we are all here, living within our own Grand Illusion, and I look forward to seeing where this all leads.

As for my day, I spent it split between a few loves. My RL, Sands and Kerra. I am thankful for the time they all have spent with me today, especially since I am having to just sit and not 'do' much at all while recovering. My SL time was with Kerra, attempting to find a good pose and concept for a picture. I was extremely picky though, this was the only thing I ended up happy with. The outfits are by Digital Knickers and I will update SLURLS tomorrow when I am able to log in again. I spent my morning on the phone with Sands while he was at work. Because of recent issues, we just hadn't had enough time together so I seriously savored the time just relaxing, and talking about everything that came to mind. Of course, he is back in my ears now and I am looking forward to an amazing evening with him. Have a fabulous night SLers, and lets get started on an awesome week!!

Untitled

Labels: , , ,



Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.