"Grand Illusion..."
...living within my escape.
Thursday, January 1, 2009

First I want to pause and wish everyone the very Happiest of New Years! May all your dreams, wishes and resolutions for the year come true and prove to bring you the best year ever! I hope that everyone had a fabulous New Years eve, and that those of you with hang overs are feeling a wee bit better this night. I spent my New Years eve curled up on the couch under as many covers as I could find while shivering from a fever! Such a let down after spending time in SL buying a new party outfit, and I didn't even get to hit one single party.

Deciding I would end the year with a bang, I had decided to go out in gold. Since I never made it back online after putting the outfit together, instead I will go IN in gold. It still works! Just pretend I wore the outfit last night, its worth it.

After seeing the outfit through the feeds I couldn't resist (and hardly tried to) the new outfit and jewelry featured as “The Silvester Dress & Alienbear Design Jewelry .“ The dress and jewelry came in Gold or Silver. Being as pale as I am I always figure I will wash out in silver, so gold it was. Combined with hair from 0 Style, shoes from ETD, and I was ready to hit those parties! That I missed....what a waist of a perfectly hot and schmexy look! I am saving the outfit for whatever next grand event there will be in SL. I will wear this by golly, I can't even say how much I love the skirt! It makes you want to shake your hips just to see what the material will do! Shake it into the new year!


After that I figured I would need an after party casual look, sticking with Gold as the theme. I tossed together some of my favorite jeans from Last Call, a top from a dress from Gisaci while keeping the same hair, shoes and jewlery. The jewlery was done so well I cant get over it. I am not normally a big jewelry shopper, but this set has such great detail I had to have them. The rest of the outfit I have had for a while, the top found simply by typing in Gold in search. Search is your friend when you have an inventory as messy as mine. Resolution #1 for SL, clean out inventory! All poses for these photos are by Long Awkward Pose. Skin by Tuli, Shape is my own, eyes by Sin Skins. See full details together at the end of this posting.


Coming tomorrow I have a sneak peak of the new release and freebies from [42] as well as some of their fabulous shapes. If you havent taken the time to go and look at their skins I would highly suggest you do so, each comes with different makeups and a shape to go with it. You also will find fabulous customer service and plenty of eye candy in the store to purchase.

I hope you all are having a fabulous year thus far! Looking forward to many more happy blogging moments with you all, be it from reading your blog or you venturing over to take a gander at me here. Enjoy your Second Life and thank you for being a part of mine!

Dina's Duds:
Pic 1;
Skin: Tuli
Eyes: Sin Skins
Shape: My own
Dress: VictoriaV Fashions
Jewelry: Alienbear
Shoes: ETD
Hair: Zero Style

Pic 2;
Skin: Tuli
Eyes: Sin Skins
Shape: My own
Top: Gisaci
Pants: Last Call
Shoes: ETD
Jewelry: Alienbear
Hair: Zero Style


Back to top


Grand Illusion...
...behind the mask!

Grand Illusion, to me, is a great many things. A place to share my adventures within the grandest illusion I know, Second Life. Exploration, friends and loved ones and best of all, fashion and the addiction that is, shopping! I often spend most of my time in SL working these days, but I still find time for the fashion, for decorating and landscaping and the pure obsessive nature of it all.


Grand Illusion Home
Past Illusions...
...my how things change.

December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 October 2010 December 2010 January 2011 April 2011 May 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012

Clicky clicky...
...but be sure to come back!

Ambiance Interactive Bows Down 4 Fashion Closet Crisis Confessions of a Second Life Shopaholic Curiouser Treasures Fashion ShopaholicFeed Forced Midnight Free*Style Glamorpuss Grid Expectations Grid Syndicate iHearts Iridescent Rainbows Izzies Just a lil eye candy... Khush La'Licious Designs Lilac Rose Little House of Curios Meta Virtual My Words Devour Souls Next Pointless Trend Nimil's Adventures In Wonderland Not Quite Pink ohhmaiblog Pas Assez Phoenix Rising Pixels on Parade Rez and Tell Scarborough Flair Second Look Sheek Simply Dou SL Blogger Support SL Style Hunter Snow's Daily Life ~SongBird~ Tane 365 What *Is* Willis Talking About?

For the stalkers...
...I make it easy.


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Dinalya Dawes. Make your own badge here.





Credits
someone I gotta thanks

Designer and icons
*click the url of the resources.